Wines from the world-famous Villa Calcinaia
We would like to introduce you to the Capponi family of winemakers and their wines from the world-famous Villa Calcinaia
1. Just imagine the historic estate of Calcinaia is the heart of the Capponi family since 1524.
2. Today, Sebastiano Capponi and his brother Niccolo continue the work of their ancestors, giving new life to fields, forests and vineyards, which occupy an area of 75 acres and is located near Greve in Chianti.
3. Organic farming has been the standard at Villa Calcinaia since 1992, and since the 2014 harvest, organic grapes have been used in wineries.
4. Villa Calcinaia has been recognized for producing exemplary wines from rare local varieties such as Mammolo and San Forte.
5. 75 acres of vineyards are planted with Sangiovese, Merlot, Canaiolo, Grecetto, Vernaccia, Trebbiano, Malvasia and other grape varieties.
6. All Calcinaia wines are certified, as well as balanced, elegant, fragrant and spicy, but refreshing, with restrained energy and intensity.
7. The philosophy of Villa Calcinaia has always been: "Love of land, respect for tradition and a legitimate pride to bear the name of Caponi."
If you want to know why Villa Calcinaia wines are highly valued around the world, then you should order a couple of bottles.