Estate of 1745 Domaine Nathalie & Gilles FEVRE
Another French estate of winemakers, whose wine we offer to order from us, is called: Domaine Nathalie & Gilles FEVRE.
Interestingly, the FÈVRE Family has drawn its family tree since 1745. Just imagine? And all the winemakers ....
1. FÈVRE family lives and works in the heart of Chablis for many generations. The estate has been using sustainable viticulture for more than 20 years, using only ecological methods.
2. Gilles, the current head of the family, along with his wife Natalie, thanks to the experience they have gained in various places in France and abroad, expand and enrich the heritage of their ancestors.
3. Their daughter, Julie, received an agronomist diploma and brings a modern perspective and a new impetus to their cause.
4. And although FÈVRE work in the simplest possible way, their fabulous teroirs express their minerality and complexity, and win love among the jury and sommelier of the whole world.
5. They respect and take care of the soil, performing conditional fertilizers using soil analysis and the introduction of sustainable phytosanitary treatments after numerous observations in the vineyard.
6. The winery was developed at several levels for transporting grapes, grape must and wine by gravity. For the vinification of each section, small thermoregulated stainless steel tanks (20 to 50 Hl) are separately used. With the exception of Grand Cru Les Preuses and Premiers Crus Vaulorent and Mont de Milieu, where part is made in oak barrels.
7. Most of their vineyards are between 15 and 20 years old.