Drive to Castelfeder Winery
We offer a trip to family-known wineries around the universe and we invite Giovanni's family who work for Castelfeder. So,
1. Viticulture and wine have been the lifeblood of the Giovannette family for 3 generations. A true family-run business to produce outstanding wines in a special region of Italy. Since 2011, the family has also dedicated its time to the Moselle region of Germany.
2. Castelfeder Winery was founded in 1969 by Alfonso Giovannet, who attended the famous wine school in San Michele all'Adige. Alfonso is now enjoying life after 90 years and is following the development of Castelfedera enthusiastically. He is delighted that his passion for wine and his years of experience in the trade are supported by his son Gunter and his family.
2. Castelfeder produces 60% white wines and 40% red wines. Sustainable grape cultivation, very strict control and limitation of yield, 100% manual labor.
3. In 1989, the founder's son, Guenter Giovannette, took over the management of the winery. Buying new vineyards and working closely with other growers in the area have given Guenther new opportunities to produce fine wines by carefully selecting the best production areas.
4. Alessandra Giovanet with her husband of over 20 years has been involved in winemaking operations, providing management of Castelfeder's administrative responsibilities. Her strength lies in communication and gracious care, support and love for her mother.
5. The diversity of the landscape of South Tyrol corresponds to its various grape varieties. And in South Tyrol, three important grape varieties were born: Schiava, the typical red South Tyrol red wine, which is the most common; Gewürztraminer, which is known worldwide; and Lagrain, a South Tyrolean wine of international recognition.
6. 60 hectares of Castelfeder wineries have spread from Salorno to Bolzano, with an annual production of approximately 500,000 bottles.
7. Castelfeder produces 60% white wines and 40% red wines. Sustainable grape cultivation, very strict control and limitation of yield, 100% manual labor.
We highly recommend ordering Castelfeder wines we offer, especially since we have a representative line wines that combines all the typical Alto Adige varieties from vineyards in the most famous areas.
Write or call and find out more!